Om amrito pas-taraṇam-asi svaahaa.
Om amritaa pidhaanam-asi svaahaa.
Om satyam yashah sreer-mayi
sreeh sra-ya-taam svaahaa.3
Om vaaṅg ma asye ‘stu. (mouth)
Om nasor me praaṇo ‘stu. (nostrils)
Om akshṇor me chakshur-astu. (eyes)
Om karṇayor me shrotram-astu. (ears)
Om baahvor me balam astu. (shoulders)
Om oorvor ma ojo ‘stu. (thighs)
Om ariṣhṭaani me’ṅgaani
tanoos tanvaa me saha santu.
(sprinkle all over)
- for each mantra, take a little water in the right palm and sip at the end of the mantra
- Acharya Pt. Budhram Mahadeo, CCH: “O Lord, water washes and cleanses our outer bodies and outer selves. So too, may this amrita (nectar-like) water serve to symbolically cleanse my inner self. May the amrita of your blessings cleanse my mind.”
- Taittireeyaaranyak 10.32, 10.35, Ashvalayana Grihyasutra 1.24.12,21,22
- With water in the palm of the left hand, use the middle & ring finger of the right hand to touch the parts of the body
- Paaraskara Grihyasutra 2.3.25